What options do I have if my husband refuses to sign divorce UD-7 form just to prevent paying child suupport? 3 Answers as of June 12, 2013

My husband agrees fully to the divorce. But we are not coming to an agreement regardindg child support payments. He currently gives me an amount for two children weekly but I told him it is not enough. He also does not want to agree to splitting child care expenses. I offered typing an agreement to include in the forms so we can place our divorce on the calendear he refuses to work with me regarding a consistent amount. I offered to let the judge decided child suupport amounts he refused. He will also intentionally refuse any service. How can I get my papers on the calendear knowing my husband is intentionally avoiding this only because of child support? Otherwise he agrees to the terms of this divorce.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Kalil & Eisenhut, LLC | Michael N. Kalil
File your RJI (request for judicial intervention) to get the matter into court. So what if Husband doesn't agree, that's what a court's for. The Court will determine child support, including day care and medical contribution. Don't let him bully you regarding avoidance of service. He'll be served. You need to stick to your guns and don't get talked into doing his child support amounts (assuming way under CSSA standard).
Answer Applies to: New York
Replied: 6/12/2013
Glenn Milgraum PC
Glenn Milgraum PC | Glenn P. Milgraum
What you are describing is known as a "contested" divorce which may only have one aspect in dispute: child support. In most states there are statutory calculations for child support taking into account the parties income and the number of children, as well as other issues such as childcare. Get him served and go before a judge (or mediator) to get it resolved.
Answer Applies to: New Jersey
Replied: 6/11/2013
Click to View More Answers: