What options do I have if he can’t be contacted after the judgment and I can’t get my part of it? 2 Answers as of August 31, 2016

I signed out a judgment that I won at small claim court to a judgment collector with a contract that I will get 50% of the collected amount. I could ask for update every quarter. After two quarters, he stopped answering my emails and phone calls. It is over a year and a half that I have not heard from him. I do not know whether he has collected anything or not. He is in another city and I cannot go to his office.

Send him a registered letter demanding that he and his supervisor contact you within the next week with a detailed statement of what they have done or you will take the necessary steps, including but not limited to a small claims suit, complaint to the Ca. Consumers Department [you should use their exact name, which I do not remember].
The first thing that should have been done would be to obtain and record an abstract of judgment. This can be renewed every ten years. If the defendant ever tries to buy or sell real estate, bingo! You get paid. You can also set for hearing an examination of defendant's income and assets; this is called an Order for Appearance of Judgment Debtor. If both of these things have not been done, see if the collector will transfer back to you, so you can proceed. Some collectors don't do anything except write a letter or two. Others are very tenacious.