What is the next step if tenant has not paid back rent nor moved after serving 3 day pay or quit notice? 7 Answers as of September 26, 2013

I have just been hired as a resident manager for an apartment complex. As I was becoming familiar with tenant histories, I find that 1 apartment was served a 3 day pay or quit approximately 5 months ago by the owner, whom I must say is very unreliable, doesn't follow through with notices such as the one I speak of and let's just say is very good at procrastination. She gave this guy a 3 day pay or quit 5 months ago, didn't follow thruough on it, the guy's still here. Can he be given another 3 day pay or quit from me, or does the owner at this time take him to court?

James T. Weiner & Associates, P.C.
James T. Weiner & Associates, P.C. | James T. Weiner
I would start the process all over again... assuming that the tenant is still behind. (if he has made any payments in the mean time he probably would be deemed to have paid anyway)So send a new 3 day pay or quit.. (in Michigan its 7 day notice) and if there is no payment or payment agreement contact an attorney to file a lawsuit to evict the tenant.
Law Office of Jack Longert, LLC | Jack Longert
To be safe, serve another notice before taking to court for an eviction.
You file a complaint for eviction.
Law Offices of Frances Headley | Frances Headley
Serving a new 3 day would be easier to explain and then you must follow up with filing an unlawful detainer if no action by the tenant in the 3 day period. An attorney should be hired to file the complaint once the notice period expires with no action.
Dessy & Dessy, a Professional Corporation | Ronald D. Dessy
The tenant should be served with an updated three day notice to pay or quit. Too much time is gone by, and the tenant may be in a position to raise a doubt in a Judge's mind about some unwritten understanding allowing him to stay, despite the prior notice.
    Dion & Forsyth, P.A.
    Dion & Forsyth, P.A. | Douglas W. Forsyth, Esq.
    If payments have been accepted since the first three day notice then a new one has to be sent. Otherwise, if the tenant is still delinquent on rent the next step would be to begin eviction proceedings in court.
    Stuart P Gelberg
    Stuart P Gelberg | Stuart P Gelberg
    Commence an eviction proceeding. Corporations must be represented by an attornrey in NYS.