What is the next step for my immigration process? 10 Answers as of June 26, 2013

My husband filed I-130 last year and got approved this year. I am in United States with F1 visa. What is the next step?

Dear Madam, The next step is for you to apply for adjustment of status under I-485. You will need to have the help of an immigration attorney, so feel free to call or e-mail for an appointment. Best to you.
Oltarsh and Associates, PC
Oltarsh and Associates, PC | Jennifer Oltarsh
Dear Sir/Madam: It depends on whether your husband is a permanent resident or U.S. citizen. Spouses of permanent residents go on a wait list. If that is your situation you must wait to be current. If you are the spouse of a U.S. citizen, you are eligible to apply for residence.
Law Office of Baoqin Wang
Law Office of Baoqin Wang | Baoqin Wang
If your husband is a US citizen you can file adjustment application for your green card. If he is not a citizen then you have to keep your F1 status and wait for visa number to be available to file the adjustment application.
If you have not violated your student visa conditions, you may apply for adjustment of status assuming that your husband is a US citizen, otherwise, you will have to keep your F visa current until the priority date becomes available.
The Law Offices Jonathan D Montag
The Law Offices Jonathan D Montag | Jonathan D Montag
Generally speaking: The process of adjustment of status is a two-step process where there is a petition and and adjustment of status application. Usually, for marriages involving U.S. citizens (and U.S. citizens filing for stepchildren, and U.S. citizens filing for parents) the two processes are done at once which saves considerable time. If a person entered lawfully, the person can apply to adjust status if married to a U.S. citizen. If the petition is already approved, then the second part of the process, the application for permanent residence, can be done. I cannot schedule an appointment through email. Please call me to schedule an appointment.
    Marie Michaud Attorney At Law
    Marie Michaud Attorney At Law | Marie Michaud
    File for adjustment. It takes about 4 months from filing to interview day. Most people are approved at the interview day. Good luck.
    Baughman & Wang
    Baughman & Wang | Justin X. Wang
    It depends on if your husband is a US citizen. If yes you can file I-485 to adjust your status. If not, you will have to wait for the visa number to become current(about 3 years).
    If your husband is a USC, then you should have adjusted your status outright without the necessity for a standalone I-130. I will assume he is a LPR in which case, you should wait until the NVC gets ready to process your visa. At that time, the NVC will contact you and tell you exactly what you need to do in order to get a visa interview in your country of origin. You will need to go to the DOS Visa bulletin to see where you are in the process or your place in line.
    What is your husband's status? If he is a US citizen, you should have filed the I-485 adjustment of status concurrently with the I-130. If he is a permanent resident, then you need to wait for your priority date to be current, then you file your I-485.
    Verdin Law Firm, LLC
    Verdin Law Firm, LLC | Isaul Verdin
    It's time to adjust your status. Is your husband a US citizen?