What is Myers Act? 12 Answers as of August 23, 2012

That is an law enacted in California to regulate public employees. Google it and you can read the entire act which is very long and complex.
I'm not certain. The only Myers Act I know of pertains to the police having a duty to take an extremely intoxicated person to a medical facility for treatment in lieu of leaving them or taking them to jail and then notifying their families.
Steven Alpers | Steven Alpers
I don't know what the Myers Act is. If you have an issue of law describe your issue.
Apparently something in Florida to do with drugs. You could have found it yourself by Google search, like I did.
Selleck Legal, PLLC
Selleck Legal, PLLC | Stacey Selleck
Myers Act (similar to the Marchman Act) being detained for involuntary detox or alcohol treatment isn't an arrest, thus no arrest record. In some places, where hospital space is available, candidates for involuntary hold are held in hospitals. Where hospital space isn't available, adults can be (and often - usually in fact - are) held in jail facilities. Rather than arrest, it's legally considered "protective custody". Other acts allow for other types of substance abuse or mental health holds.
    Law Office of Stuart M. Nachbar, P.C.
    Law Office of Stuart M. Nachbar, P.C. | Stuart M. Nachbar
    This took some digging. The "Myers Act" was a law in Florida formally titled "The Comprehensive Alcoholism Prevention, Control and Treatment Act." It was located in chapter 396 of the Florida Statutes. In 1993 it was replaced by the Hal S. Marchman Alcohol and Other Drug Services Act of 1993, sometimes called the Marchman Act for short. Your question is very general, but I suggest you look over the Marchman Act, also known as chapter 397 of the Florida Statutes, and post any specific question you may have.