What is my obligations to pay for work that was done with out my agreeing to? Posted on August 08, 2011

I contacted a real-estate lawyer to look into converting my property to a subdivision, he said he would research it. I was billed for his initial effort and paid it, it resulted in him saying he couldn’t do it and gave me a proposal from a developer and said he wanted to oversee it. I never gave him permission to continue further and later I received a bill from him for $1300. I did not sign a contract of work to be done or tell him to continue. What should I do?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Click to View More Answers: