What is my best option to file my I-765 form? 2 Answers as of October 03, 2013

I have some questions and I will appreciate any help. I am applying for Adjustment of Status trough a marriage to United States (US) citizen. I came to U.S. on J-1 visa (two year rule does not apply). Currently I am on the "grace period" for 30 days (which is going to end in 4 days), so I don't understand which my status is now. I am filling out the I-765 form now and have problem with a question. It says, “Go to "Who may file form I-765" and find category of the eligibility. So, in next period I am going to file all the forms together, (I-765 together with I-485) is it my category "Adjustment Applicant" (c) (9)?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Office of Eric Fisher | Eric Fisher
Yes to all questions. You can file the I-130, I-485 and I-765 together and mark C9 on the I-765.l
Answer Applies to: Colorado
Replied: 10/3/2013
Alena Shautsova
Alena Shautsova | Alena Shautsova
You should really hire an attorney for this work, as a slightest mistake will delay the process or lead to a denial.
Answer Applies to: New York
Replied: 10/3/2013
Click to View More Answers: