What is my best bet to be able to drive to and from work without fear of being arrested for an alleged violation in another state? 1 Answers as of March 20, 2017

I have an out of state warrant for 2nd degree damage of property (felony). I am innocent, but have been advised by my attorney not to turn myself in while he tries to get it resolved. I have plates and a valid license. When a cop runs my tags, will he see the warrant from out of state and pull me over? What happens if I refuse to show my license to the officer under my 4th and/or 5th amendment rights? Do I even have to state my name? Can I simply remain silent without a council present?

R. Jason de Groot, P.A
R. Jason de Groot, P.A | R. Jason de Groot
You need to ask these questions to the attorney that you already hired. Yes, they will see the out of state warrant, and if you refuse to show your license, you can be arrested for that, I believe.