What is most likely going to happen when I do go to court for shoplifting? 2 Answers as of August 25, 2014

I attempted to steal $197 worth of items. I am a 16 year old female that has no previous arrests or other charges. The cops did get involved. They got all of my information (phone number, address, stuff like that) and also called my dad up there. The policeman put me in cuffs and in the back of his car. He stated that I was going to be taken back to the station to get a mug shot and finger prints, but he got a call to go take care of a more serious problem and released me before even leaving the parking lot. I do volunteer work and have a 3.8 GPA. I know this was a very stupid decision and I regret it more than anything.

Hamblin Law Office | Sally Hamblin
You will be treated as a juvenile. Your school gpa should be brought up as well as volunteer work, and no priors. I do hope you have an attorney to advocate for you, though. You do not need this incident to come back and haunt you.
You will be charged as a juvenile and most likely they will offer you some sort of diversion programs which will keep your record clean. I would suggest retaining an experienced criminal defense lawyer, especially one who is familiar with your jurisdiction.