What is the minimum number of days between invoice date and payment due date? 5 Answers as of May 09, 2014

A nursing home bills me in advance for monthly rent for my step-mother. The invoice is dated the 25th and payment is due the 5th. The last bill I received was postmarked 4/28 pm and I received it 5/1 pm. This doesn't seem like enough time to get the payment in by the due date.

Whatever the parties agree to.
I don't know if there is any specific rule on that, there may be something in the Uniform Commercial Code. At any rate, call up the billing dept and see what you can work out with them. They should want to be reasonable, they want their money on time, they should get their bills out on time.
Since you know that you have a monthly payment obligation, you should have had the money available to submit on May 2, which would get you enough time to meet the due date. If you run into a situation where indeed they are late, keep the postmarked envelop to show when you received the invoice.
Dessy & Dessy, a Professional Corporation | Ronald D. Dessy
If this is a regular monthly payment of the same amount, there should be no need for an invoice to trigger the payment, so there may not be a big issue is to the timely invoicing of this charge. If the payment differs each month, then it would be a matter of reviewing your contract with the nursing home, to determine what was agreed to.
There is no such thing. You know when the bill is due. Pay it.