What is the maximum penalty for burglary with no actual theft? 6 Answers as of May 13, 2015

I am being charged with burglary under penal code 459. I broke into a building but did not actually steal anything. What is the maximum penalty I should expect?

Burglary is burglary, whether you take something or not. The maximum is 20 years. No one knows what the offer will be because we don't know enough facts.
Instead of worrying about the maximum penalty, which is meaningless, you need to focus your attention on how you can avoid being convicted. Burglary is a crime of moral turpitude, and if convicted you can kiss your career aspirations goodbye. Hire a lawyer before you get duped into a plea you will regret for life.
1st degree burglary carries a penalty of imprisonment in the state prison for two, four, or six years. 2nd degree burglary carries a penalty of imprisonment in the county jail not exceeding one year.
Connell-Savela
Connell-Savela | Jason Savela
burglary in colorado can be a felony carrying 2-6 years prison it does not matter whether you steal burglary is entering or remaining unlawfully with the intent to commit a crime - the crime could be something other than theft if there is no intent to commit a crime other than the entry, then it is trespass and that is a felony with 1-3 years prison
Law Offices of Martina A. Vigil, PC
Law Offices of Martina A. Vigil, PC | Martina A. Vigil
If charged as a felony, you could be sentenced to 16 months state prison.
    Law Offices of Stephanie Lee Ehrbright, Esq.
    Law Offices of Stephanie Lee Ehrbright, Esq. | Stephanie Lee Ehrbright
    In Arizona the maximum penalty for burglary is multiple years in prison. However if you have no priors then it is unlikely you would get that. There are multiple factors that can change the amount- do you have priors, was anyone hurt, was a weapon used, what type of structure was it, what was the underlying felony they are alleging, were there accomplices, etc.