What the lowest charge possible for my brother? 8 Answers as of July 14, 2015

My brother was charged for a marijuana possession and DUI. What happens to him if he is 19? He also had a weed pipe in his car.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Office of Jeff Yeh
Law Office of Jeff Yeh | Jeff Yeh
The consequences for a drug DUI are the same as those of an alcohol DUI. However, drug DUIs are much harder to prove, because there isn't a specific concentration that the state deems as impairment. With that said, he needs to hire a DUI specialist, because by himself the prosecutor simply won't budge.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 7/14/2015
Best DUI Lawyer
Best DUI Lawyer | Aniko Hoover
Of course he could be found not gullibility- that would be the best. Every case is different. A DUI attorney can often get the possession case dropped and the DUI reduced to a wet or dry reckless.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 7/14/2015
Law Office of Edward J. Blum
Law Office of Edward J. Blum | Edward J. Blum
If he pleads to possession or DUI he loses his license for a year. Fight it.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 7/14/2015
Richard B. Jacobson & Associates, LLC | Richard B. Jacobson
It depends on exactly what charges are lodged against him, and his criminal history, if any. If it is his first OWI (=DUI) and he is charged in Wisconsin, the offence is only a civil one: no jail, but some ugly forfeiture and surcharges (assume about $950) plus AODA, plus suspension of driving privilege for at least six months. The possession and paraphernalia charges can be treated as local ordinance violations (again, offences but not quite crimes) or as low level misdemeanors. They would likely result in his being sent to Drug Court, a kind of supervision. He needs a lawyer.
Answer Applies to: Wisconsin
Replied: 7/14/2015
Gates' Law, PLLC | Thomas E. Gates
With an attorney, he can work a plea deal for the DUI and have the drug charges dropped. Each jurisdiction treats DUI differently, but as a first offense, he could be placed in a diversion program, with no resulting charges.
Answer Applies to: Washington
Replied: 7/14/2015
Click to View More Answers:

Need more information on drunk driving law? Visit our free DUI resource page to learn more.

If you need immediate assistance, fill out a free case evaluation form to connect with a DUI lawyer in your area today!