What is likely to happen in court with violating probation by being drunk in public? 12 Answers as of October 09, 2012

I took a drunk in public as a plea deal to a domestic and under the influence of a controlled substance. I was pulled over last month driving unlicensed. Cite relapsed. Terms of probation were obey all laws. I was not under the influence while driving. I received a warrant and the charges read 647(f) what's likely to be the penalty as it seems I've violated court probation. And with a public defender or acting pro-per what should I expect?

If you violated probation you are always at risk to get a jail sentence of either a year or a short period like 90 days. If you are indigent the court will appoint a lawyer for you and no one should act pro se. If you young and do not have a bad record the judge might order you to complete probation and do counseling or community service. Judges are very lenient with young people since they know they make very bad decisions and that a short jail sentence is enough to teach them a lesson.
The fact that you were driving without a license is a probation violation in which the judge can sentence you to 6 months county jail. If you do not have an attorney, I suggest that you either retain one or ask the court to appoint a public defender to represent you. Under no circumstances should you try to represent yourself in this case.
Law office of Robert D. Scott | Robert Scott
Your probation could be revoked and you could serve jail time.
James M. Osak, P.C.
James M. Osak, P.C. | James M. Osak
Fines and JAIL time is what can happen.
Depending on the terms of the sentence the judge can find you violating those terms and sentence you, to the maximum sentence for the crime you were charged with. Your criminal history will also be considered.
    Leonard A. Kaanta, P.C. | Leonard A. Kaanta
    To serve the jail time for your offense.
    Law & Mediation Office of Jeffrey L. Pollock, Esq.
    Law & Mediation Office of Jeffrey L. Pollock, Esq. | Jeffrey Lawrence Pollock
    If you attend some AA Mtgs at the very least, then such a minor infraction should not result in a Probation Violation jail term.
    Possibly some time in jail. It depends on the reason you were driving and the reason your license was suspended.
    The term is pro se. It is completely up to the discretion of the judge conducting the hearing. You could receive anything from a slap on the hand to some jail time but probably not much.
    You should expect to go to jail. You clearly have an alcohol problem, but you do not see it. So, the judge will attempt to show it to you.
    You should hire a private attorney, the unlicensed charge is relatively minor, and a skilled attorney can likely negotiate a reduction or dismissal, thereby preventing a PV for the 647(f) from taking place.