What is the likelihood of getting the DUI reduced to reckless driving if there is no prior DUI’s? 16 Answers as of October 02, 2013

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Office of Thomas C. Phipps | Thomas C Phipps
Pretty good. I would try to get a suspended imposition of sentence and one to two years on probation. You will not do any jail time or be fined. If you complete the probation, no conviction will go on your record.
Answer Applies to: Missouri
Replied: 10/2/2013
Anderson Law Office
Anderson Law Office | Scott L. Anderson
It is possible if everything aligns. Depending on where the offense occurred, what your reading was and the circumstances of the stop are huge variables. Seek representation asap to assure the best outcome.
Answer Applies to: Minnesota
Replied: 9/12/2013
Law Office of Geoffrey M. Yaryan
Law Office of Geoffrey M. Yaryan | Geoffrey M. Yaryan
Usually, if requires a weak case against you. In most cases that would be a low blood alcohol level with no bad driving.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 9/12/2013
Michael Breczinski
Michael Breczinski | Michael Breczinski
This depends on the facts and the prosecutor.
Answer Applies to: Michigan
Replied: 9/12/2013
Law Offices of Phil Hache
Law Offices of Phil Hache | Phil Hache
There are a lot of variables to take into consideration. From why they pulled you over in the first place, to field sobriety tests, BAC results, and the ability of your attorney to attack all three. The court and county you are in can also play a role. Contact a DUI attorney in your area to discuss your specific case in more detail. There is also information about DUI law at 1duilawyer.com/dui . I have been successful at getting DUI charges reduced to lesser offenses, even in cases where there was a very high BAC level. Although there are many similarities between DUI cases, there are also a lot of variables. Make sure to get a DUI attorney that is familiar with DUI defense, preferably one who focuses his or her practice in that area.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 9/12/2013
    Law Office of Edward J. Blum
    Law Office of Edward J. Blum | Edward J. Blum
    Depends. Need facts. How was driving? Why pulled over? What did you say to cop? What were FSEs? Did you take test? What? What results?
    Answer Applies to: California
    Replied: 9/12/2013
    Yeargan & Yarrough, L.L.C. | Michael D. Barber, Jr.
    Your question really depends on the facts of your case and the location of the DUI (as in where you will go to court). You should definitely consult with an attorney and discuss the merits of your case to see whether your facts reflect a chance that your case could be reduced.
    Answer Applies to: Georgia
    Replied: 9/12/2013
    Gregory Casale Attorney at Law
    Gregory Casale Attorney at Law | Gregory Casale
    Between little to none. DUIs are far too scrutinized by everyone. The days of having these charges reduced are long gone.
    Answer Applies to: Massachusetts
    Replied: 9/5/2013
    S. Joseph Schramm | Joseph Schramm
    It would depend on the prosecutor, the police officer involved and the judge whether they would be willing to reduce the charge.
    Answer Applies to: Pennsylvania
    Replied: 9/12/2013
    Universal Law Group, Inc. | Francis John Cowhig
    Your question requires an attorney consultation. It is not a simple question that can be answered on this type of forum. There are many factors that would need to be considered and evaluated. Since we do not have all the facts, it is impossible to give a completely accurate answers. What was your blood alcohol level? Did you take breath or blood test? Why were you initially pulled over?
    Answer Applies to: California
    Replied: 9/12/2013
    Law Office of Jeff Yeh
    Law Office of Jeff Yeh | Jeff Yeh
    You need to hire a DUI specialist to explore your alternatives.
    Answer Applies to: California
    Replied: 9/12/2013
Click to View More Answers:
12 3 Free Legal QuestionsConnect with a local attorney

Need more information on drunk driving law? Visit our free DUI resource page to learn more.

If you need immediate assistance, fill out a free case evaluation form to connect with a DUI lawyer in your area today!