What liabilities will I have in bankruptcy? 3 Answers as of October 26, 2010

I am a 20% shareholder in my company, but I have just resigned from my position to go work elsewhere. I still own my 20% of shares but want to sell them. The company will buy about 7% and I would like to sell the other 13% of them and file a chapter 7 bankruptcy. The total amount of cash I would receive would be $11,700 of which I would use to pay back money I borrowed from people and get my mortgage caught up. What liabilities will I have and what liabilities will the company have and how long do I need to wait before filing?

Not sure I completely understand your question, but the Trustee in a Chapter 7 case can sue to recover anyone you repay more than $600 to in the 90 days prior to filing your case. If it's a family member, it's 12 months prior to filing your case.
You need to consult an attorney about the impact to your case from selling your stock. You should have plenty of exemptions to protect the sale proceeds but I don't know what other assets you have.
Sussman & Associates
Sussman & Associates | Mitchell Sussman
This is complex enough and there are enough permutations that you should spend the money to hire a bankruptcy attorney who can write you either a very lengthy opinion letter or spend an hour or so going over the various options.