What legally can be done if my kids won’t see their father because of his fiancé? 2 Answers as of July 21, 2016

I have a situation where my ex has moved a lady into his home and dating/engaged to her. Since being with her, he has stopped doing anything for his kids. Use to as the court agreed upon, if I called him and asked for something for the kids (not asking for money but for him to go and get what they need and bring it to them or I could pick it up) he would do it and not think twice. Now, when I mention the kids need something his response is "Why do I have to help?" Well, he is their father. A simple pack of socks took over a month to get. Well, on May 27 was the start of the kids’ summer and it took haggling to even get him to take the kids for his part of the summer. When we got there, his fiancé started on me. I ignored it and told her I was doing such. The demands coming out of her mouth that I will and will not do with my kids got ignored and I told her I was doing so. The kids did not want to stay and their father told them to just go. I walked up to get my children and their bags and his fiancé got violent. Needless to say, it was self-defense on my end. I filed my report and warrant for assault with a weapon. Upon filing that warrant and speaking with the DA, they told me that she was arrested September of 2014 for manufacturing of a controlled substance first degree. She gave names of others and she got a lesser charge felony possession of marijuana. The day she pled guilty was also the day she hit me in the chest with her door while my kids were trying to get out to me. Now the kids are terrified to even go to their father’s house and my son gets super upset to the point he has sent himself into an asthma attack not wanting to go to his fathers because his fiancé is there. He has not called the kids in over 3 weeks now and when I ask them if they want to talk to their dad they refuse. It’s not their father that they do not want to see, they do not want to see his fiancé. My daughter for the longest came home in tears and clinging to me as soon as she gets home.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
The Law Offices of Robert W. Bellamy
The Law Offices of Robert W. Bellamy | Robert W. Bellamy
You didn't say what age the children were. if the live in girlfriend is into drugs, going to dad's is not an option. basically, it is not your problem. The children have spoken. You did not mention child support. It is time you did ask or you will be negligent. It is the children's money not yours. They can't ask for it. Hire an attorney and get strated.
Answer Applies to: Alabama
Replied: 7/21/2016
Michael Anthony Wing, P.C.
Michael Anthony Wing, P.C. | Michael Anthony Wing
Hire a lawyer in your area to modify the terms of visitation due to the instability of the relationship with the fiance. God bless.
Answer Applies to: Alabama
Replied: 7/20/2016
Click to View More Answers: