What legal steps can I take I've been assaulted for the 3rd time at work? 21 Answers as of October 22, 2013

This is the third time this person hit me and I have the dates of all the occurrences. I reported the incident to both our supervisors and they plan on doing nothing. Since this person is friends with boss so nobody will do anything.

Law Office of Nathan Wagner
Law Office of Nathan Wagner | Nathan J. Wagner
You may be able to sue your coworker and your employer for battery. You should talk to an employment lawyer in your area to discuss the next steps.
Sue or report the assaults to the police for criminal charges.
File a police report and prosecute the person. Go to your supervisor, and if no cooperation, go to his/her supervisor. Go to the HR department. If none of that works, then get a lawyer who specializes in hostile workplace law suits.
LAW OFFICES OF ARMAN MOHEBAN | ARMAN MOHEBAN
You need to file a claim for worker's compensation benefits that cover temporary disability benefits , ongoing medical treatment and a settlement for permanent disability and future medical care.
CoverLaw
CoverLaw | Jim Cover
Depending on the circumstances including how and why and the nature your injuries you may consider filing a police report and or a lawsuit against the offending employee and possibly the employer as well.
    S. Joseph Schramm | Joseph Schramm
    If the action is based on malicious conduct and is more than the roughhousing that often occurs in the workplace you could speak with the local police department or district attorney to see if the conduct rises to the level of criminal battery. If it does you could file a criminal complaint against the person. If it does not, you might still consider a civil suit against the person and the supervisors for permitting the conduct to reoccur . If the conduct is based on some form of discrimination based on race, gender, ethnicity , religion, age or disability you might file a complaint against your employer with the federal Equal Employment Opportunity Commission , Pennsylvania Human Relations Commission or both. However, as a practical matter, you should expect that, no matter what the outcome would be, it probably will not change the attitudes of the offending person and your supervisors.
    I would sue them immediately.
    You can take it to the EEOC perhaps. Sounds like you ain't got the right politics. Why don't you find a job where the boss likes you whatever you do you are likely to be fired aren't you?
    See an attorney and get a restraining order as to the individual. You should also place a complaint with the appropriate state and federal agencies [EEOC, DFEH if in CA]. I would also report the assaults to the authotirities, i.e., cops
    Candiano Law Office
    Candiano Law Office | Charles J. Candiano
    Why are they assaulting you?
    Law Office of Richard Winkler | Richard Winkler
    If you are in a hostile work environment there are legal protections available to you. Contact your local Human Rights Commission for guidance.
    Belushin Law Firm, P.C.
    Belushin Law Firm, P.C. | Vel Belushin
    If if was a physical assault you can report it to the police. It would be best if you had witnesses.
    WILLIAM L SANDERS, ATTORNEY AT LAW | William L. Sanders
    You may have him/her arrested for assault. You may sue your employer, since they are liable for what their employees do.
    Teller & Associates, PLLC
    Teller & Associates, PLLC | Stephen Teller
    I would definitely consult with a lawyer on this one before taking action. My first reaction is to say call the police, but the risks and benefits of various plans need to be evaluated. The nature of the assault and relationships between the parties is important as it may be discrimination. The type of job and likelihood of getting fired is important to consider before acting. I just have a lot of questions before I can answer about what to do. Definitely there's something a lawyer can do to advise you, but this is one that you should do by phone or in person, not in this forum. Give us a call or call a few local lawyers to see what they say. I'm sorry this is happening to you and hope you can get assistance.
    Law Office of Russell J. Thomas, Jr. | Russell J. Thomas, Jr.
    File a police report; sue the individual for assault.
    You have the option of pressing criminal charges with the authorities. Good luck.
    Press charges and get an order of protection.
    KEYL ADR Services, LLC | Mark D. Keyl
    If there are witnesses, then you could file assault charges with the local law enforcement jurisdiction.
    Di Giacomo & Gruss | Christopher Di Giacomo
    I would file a criminal action against them and you can include your supervisor etc. Then I would also contemplate a civil action against the same parties provided you have documented proof of injuries.
    Chen Kasher, Esq.
    Chen Kasher, Esq. | Chen Kasher
    If management had notice but did not take steps to remedy the situation, they may be liable for your injuries. The real question is: what are your damages? Without damages, there is no case.
    Fox & Fox, S.C. | Richard F. Rice
    You apparently did not contact local law enforcement about the assaults at work so you should contact an attorney to address your employment situation.