What legal recourse do I have against a dentist who extracted the wrong tooth? 1 Answers as of February 18, 2011

The dentist had all information via examination and x rays, and made the mistake of extracting the wrong tooth, in this case a wisdom tooth. The dentist than apologized and admitted his mistake.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Theodore W. Robinson, P.C.
Theodore W. Robinson, P.C. | Theodore W. Robinson
While the dentist made a mistake and admitted it, unfortunately, these type of cases are not usually worth that much money in the long run because most people have had extractions and those that sit on juries simply don't value them all that much, especially if they are wisdom teeth. Nonetheless, if you feel strongly enough, a claim for damages can be made by an attorney directly to the dentist in an attempt to obtain some money for unnecessary pain and suffering, etc.
Answer Applies to: New York
Replied: 2/18/2011
Click to View More Answers: