What is the legal procedure for accident on construction site in a foreign country? 4 Answers as of August 21, 2017

In Africa, an employee from Africa gets seriously injured working on a construction site contracted by a U S company.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Offices of John W. Merting, P.A.
Law Offices of John W. Merting, P.A. | John W. Merting
A claim may be asserted against that company where the company's home office is located.
Answer Applies to: Florida
Replied: 8/21/2017
Candiano Law Office
Candiano Law Office | Charles J. Candiano
You may file a workers' compensation claim in the state where you employer is principally located and possibly other venues. Contact a Workers' Compensation attorney to assess your options ASAP.
Answer Applies to: Illinois
Replied: 8/21/2017
Law Offices of Ronald A. Steinberg & Associates | Ronald A. Steinberg, BA, MA, JD
It depends on the contract between the injured worker and the company that hired him.
Answer Applies to: Michigan
Replied: 8/21/2017
Richard B. Jacobson & Associates, LLC | Richard B. Jacobson
You will likely have to consult an attorney admitted to practice in Africa. You might try calling the embassy of the country where the accident occurred and ask to speak to the Legal Officer. A resourceful lawyer might be able to find grounds for jurisdiction in an American state, although they are not apparent to me.
Answer Applies to: Wisconsin
Replied: 8/21/2017
Click to View More Answers: