What legal options do I have if my motorcycle was stolen out my apartment complex parking garage last week? 1 Answers as of July 10, 2017

The complex has 2 gated entrances with cameras on both. I only had liability on and am now facing a loss of $12,000. This has been an ongoing issue with the apartment already and so they have hired a 24-hour patrol. Immediately once I noticed my bike missing, I filed a report with the police, contacted my insurance and met with my apartment manager to try and obtain the footage. She explained that only a police officer can view it, and so I put her in touch with the detective. She failed to tell me that the footage only lasted a week out, and because the officer and her had not been able to set up a meeting, that footage is now gone and any hope of catching the thieves. I feel like the security to prevent and the way they have handled my situation was incredibly negligent. Will I have any chance if I were to take them to court?

Yes, you have a chance. In the initial instance, it might be hard to prove negligence. However, once they had notice of the theft, they surely should have saved the images. The big question is whether that would have made a difference. How can you prove that the images would lead you to recovery of the M/C?