What legal document do I need to sell my deceased mothers mobile home? 8 Answers as of July 29, 2011

What legal document do I need for the sale of my deceased mom's mobile home? I have power of attorney (had), the mobile home is paid for and I am an only child. My father is deceased. Thank you in advance.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Offices of Timothy G. Kearney, LLC
Law Offices of Timothy G. Kearney, LLC | Timothy G. Kearney
Mobile homes in Connecticut (I'm assuming its a Connecticut property) are treated as Real Estate and therefore you need to proceed like you were selling any other piece of real estate. Therefore, based on your facts, it appears that you would need several legal documents: 1) A real estate contract; 2)Authority to sell from either a will which has been admitted to Probate or an Approval of Sale from a Probate Court; 3) Succession Tax Clearance from the State of Connecticut; 4) A deed of Conveyance of a Mobile Home. Unfortunately the Power of Attorney was valid only while your mother was alive. You should consult with an attorney to get the details on how to proceed. If I can be of assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Answer Applies to: Connecticut
Replied: 7/29/2011
Ashman Law Office
Ashman Law Office | Glen Edward Ashman
The power of attorney died the moment she died. Depending on details you did not give us you may probate a will, administer an intestate estate, or do a no administration necessary. A lawyer can decide which, with more information.
Answer Applies to: Georgia
Replied: 7/29/2011
Majors Law Firm, P.C.
Majors Law Firm, P.C. | M. Jason Majors
You will likely need to have the mobile home retitled in your name, if you are the beneficiary of your mother's Estate, before you can sell it. In Wyoming this could be done through an Affidavit of Distribution, provided that the total value of your mother's probate estate is less than $150,000.
Answer Applies to: Wyoming
Replied: 7/29/2011
Apple Law Firm PLLC
Apple Law Firm PLLC | David Goldman
Depends if the home is considered personal property or was converted to real property. You will probably need a Florida Probate to clear title and make sure it is transferred properly. Once you do this the documents you need will depend on why type of transaction you doing (cash, owner financed, or bank loan) and what the lender's additional requirements are.
Answer Applies to: Florida
Replied: 7/29/2011
Martinson & Beason, PC
Martinson & Beason, PC | Douglas C Martinson II
It depends on how old the mobile home is and whether there is a title to it. Go to the License Department if you have a title and talk to them and see if they will allow you to transfer it.
Answer Applies to: Alabama
Replied: 7/29/2011
    The Schreiber Law Firm
    The Schreiber Law Firm | Jeffrey D. Schreiber
    As you may be aware, a Power Of Attorney ceases to be effective at the death of the person giving you the Power Of Attorney, and it is now no longer in force. If the mobile home is in California and the mobile home is worth less than $100,000, you should be able to take the ownership certificate with a certified copy of the death certificate to the local office of the Department Of Housing And Community Development and fill out the form to transfer title.
    Answer Applies to: California
    Replied: 7/29/2011
    Law Offices of Mark Lewis & Associates, PC
    Law Offices of Mark Lewis & Associates, PC | Andrew C. Spitler
    Your power of attorney is no longer valid based on your mother's death. You will need authority granted by probate court to sell the mobile home. Typically your authority will be called a Letter of Appointment. The probate court can then approve the sale. If the mobile home and the other assets of your mother are less than $50,000, you can alternatively complete the transfer via a small estate affidavit.
    Answer Applies to: Arizona
    Replied: 7/29/2011
Click to View More Answers: