What legal damages may I pursue if I feel that I was habitually harassed over a 3 month period of time and my employer neglected to take action? 1 Answers as of May 15, 2014

I was intimidated by a coworker and was fearful to go to work as it had become a hostile work environment. I was assisting a customer when my coworker addressed a topic that had been resolved the previous week. After making 3 attempts to brush off the situation, she refused to drop the subject, and wanted confrontation. I told her to mind her own business as I am assisting a customer. She became furious. She lunged towards me and said that I better shut up and that it’s not her fault that I’m having a bad day. I was extremely intimidated by her actions and threats of violence and I immediately ran to the back office to inform a manager. My employer never heard my side and took action without doing so. As I had left to pursue higher authority for it to be properly resolved. Prior to this incident, there wasn't documentation of the first incident that required managerial intervention.

James M. Chandler | James M. Chandler
Management needs to know of the harassment before it can do anything about it.