What is the legal approach for removing a lien from my account if I owe back taxes? 2 Answers as of April 29, 2011

I have several years’ worth of back taxes that I have been trying to pay back, but I still have a lien that is severely impacting my way of living. I want to know if there is a way to speed up the process so I can have the lien removed.

If it is federal taxes, depending on the circumstances, there are ways to have a federal tax lien removed for cause. You state you have been trying to pay the taxes back, but you do not indicate whether that is through a formal installment payment agreement. If you have not done so, you may consider setting up an installment payment arrangement.
Givner & Kaye
Givner & Kaye | Bruce Givner
You can always ask the IRS, very nicely, if it will remove the liens because you are paying your obligations in accordance with an agreement and point out that the liens are giving you problems in conducting your business, and if the IRS removes the liens, it will make it easier for you to repay. Lots of luck.