What legal actions can I take if my partner has put me through emotional distress? Posted on August 08, 2011

I recently discovered that a man with whom I was involved romantically lied about his marital status. I have at least two communications that detail this dishonesty. This discovery has caused me enormous distress, which therapy has failed to assuage. I find it difficult to manage daily functions, as I am consumed with betrayal, guilt, shame, and a lack of trust in my own judgments. I have contacted him to ask for his side and to try and obtain some peace and for him to be accountable, but he refuses communication. I feel my only recourse is for a legal representative to make him aware of the serious emotional distress his fraud has caused. My greatest goal is to obtain peace and accountability privately and not have to pursue a civil suit.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Click to View More Answers: