What legal action do I have to take my child with me when we move? 2 Answers as of September 27, 2013

OK I am the custodial parent with soul legal and physical custody not that that matters I guess but I am remarried. I have 3 other girls and I am currently in a custody case. Ex wife failed court order drug test, caused my child to fail school because she was not in school long enough to get a grade. Ex wife's now new husband has a back ground involving drugs. My current wife and I want to move back to another state. There is a lot a family and better jobs and schooling opportunities.. Since my child has been with me I have had her with a therapist I have helped her with her schooling and have now graduated to the next grade. She is up to date with all her medical needs. She is doing really well with my wife and her sisters and half sister. The court case is open and the judge has not made his decision yet is this a good time to bring up the moving out of state with the courts thanks have a great day.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Glenn Milgraum PC
Glenn Milgraum PC | Glenn P. Milgraum
This is the best time to raise the issue. Many cases require forensics to be done, and you may be delayed in your move, unless you plan ahead.
Answer Applies to: New Jersey
Replied: 9/27/2013
Peters Law, PLLC
Peters Law, PLLC | Mark T. Peters, Sr.
Is this a good time? Do it now, because you may find your daughter dragged back into the state. You must get the court's permission if mom will not agree. Ask now, while all of the bad things that mom has done are still in front of the judge.
Answer Applies to: Idaho
Replied: 9/27/2013
Click to View More Answers: