What is the law on stealing prescription drugs? 3 Answers as of December 01, 2014

My brother in law lives with me and my husband and also now we have let another friend of mine and her four children stay with us and we have just started to notice things missing, but then my brother in law tells us that he's only got 8 of his pill bottles missing and that's 8 out of 12 of his prescription.

If you believe someone is stealing your medicine, you need to call the police and make a report as soon as possible. That is a very serious matter.
Hamblin Law Office | Sally Hamblin
It is illegal to steal prescription drugs. In your case with all the individuals you have allowed into your home, you may not have a clue or proof who is involved. Lock your prescription drugs up or get rid of the people. Generally unless the person is stopped by police for probable cause and drugs are found in their possession, you have no proof.
It is theft, and a drug violation.