What kind of visitation can a father get if he lives out of state? 2 Answers as of June 26, 2017

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Glenn Milgraum PC
Glenn Milgraum PC | Glenn P. Milgraum
Residing out-of-state should not limit visitation. Sometimes out-of-state can mean across a river or an artificial boundary line. The fear is that "removal" from the state takes the child away from the protection of the Court. This is not true as states all adhere to the Child Custody Jurisdiction and Enforcement Act (UCCJEA). It would be more reasonable to limit distance traveled from the child's home, rather than travel to another state.
Answer Applies to: New Jersey
Replied: 6/26/2017
R. Jason de Groot, P.A
R. Jason de Groot, P.A | R. Jason de Groot
I think that might be called visitation with the child. It depends upon a number of factors, and you have given only one, that you live out of state. I need to know much, much more about the circumstances in order to answer your question fully.
Answer Applies to: Florida
Replied: 6/26/2017
Click to View More Answers: