What kind of retribution can I obtain against someone who punched me? 1 Answers as of August 15, 2017

If I were in a bar and I was assaulted for voicing a differing political opinion, what kind of legal retribution can I get against my assailant? I was not substantially harmed. I am not planning on using a contingency based attorney as it would certainly not be worth his or her time. I do not need the money, so I will be donating any money won to the local battered woman's shelter.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Richard B. Jacobson & Associates, LLC | Richard B. Jacobson
I don't think you mean 'retribution.' I think you mean 'damages.' Some items of damages are medical bills, lost wages, additional expense to have others do things for you which you would usually do for yourself, pain and suffering (past and future), loss of enjoyment of life (if you have been disabled from doing some things you liked), and there are others. Don't count on someone who punches you in a bar being able to pay a judgment.
Answer Applies to: Wisconsin
Replied: 8/15/2017
Click to View More Answers: