What kind of recourse is there for a DUI offender to drive for practical purposes like work, with a revoked drivers license? 9 Answers as of April 07, 2014

I need to get to and from work and I have a revoked license. Is there any recourse for restricted license? Thanks.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Lawrence Lewis
Lawrence Lewis | Lawrence Lewis, PC
Walk, take the bus, get a friend to drive your vehicle, bicycle, but you are not legally driving to work.
Answer Applies to: Georgia
Replied: 4/7/2014
Law Offices of Phil Hache
Law Offices of Phil Hache | Phil Hache
I would need to know more information to try to help you out. How many DUI convictions do you have, and when were they? All misdemeanors, or are there any felony DUI convictions? Are there any Refusal issues? Under 21 years old? Feel free to contact me and I can let you know about some possible options.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 4/4/2014
Graves Law Firm
Graves Law Firm | Steve Graves
If you're in Texas you can apply for an Occupational Driving Privilege that will allow you to drive for up to 12 hours a day, up to six days a week.? See a lawyer, of if you can't afford one and can deal with the hassle yourself, go to your county courthouse and ask questions until you find out whether the clerk has or can point you to a form for the application.
Answer Applies to: Texas
Replied: 4/4/2014
Law Office of Thomas A. Medford, Jr., PC
Law Office of Thomas A. Medford, Jr., PC | Thomas A. Medford, Jr.
Yes, you can get such a permit but you will have to request it from DMV and a hearing may be required. You may want to secure the services of an attorney who is experienced in DUI and DMV litigation.
Answer Applies to: District of Columbia
Replied: 4/4/2014
Anderson Law Office
Anderson Law Office | Scott L. Anderson
In Minnesota we have the interlock program if your suspension was for drugs or alcohol. If not then you are usually eligible for a limited license. You will need to check with DPS.
Answer Applies to: Minnesota
Replied: 4/3/2014
Click to View More Answers:

Need more information on drunk driving law? Visit our free DUI resource page to learn more.

If you need immediate assistance, fill out a free case evaluation form to connect with a DUI lawyer in your area today!