What kind of information to do you need to fix papers? How? 4 Answers as of September 03, 2014

I met my boyfriend for 4 months and he told me to fix his papers and to be legal here in the US.

First of all, you would have to be legally married. Secondly, you can only help him with his status if he entered the US lawfully and can prove that lawful status. Otherwise, he is not eligible to legalize his status within the US under the current immigration laws.
Drop him quickly. He just wants you for the papers he thinks you can get for him.
Your question requires an attorney consultation. It is not a simple question that can be answered on this type of forum. There are many factors that would need to be considered and evaluated. To begin with, you need to marry him before you can "fix his papers". In addition, depending on how entered the U.S. (with or without inspection and a visa), he may have to go through consular processing in his home country, as well as apply for a waiver if he overstayed. I strongly suggest that you contact an experienced immigration attorney for a face-to-face consultation and give him/her all of the facts surrounding your boyfriend's situation. (S)he would then be in a better position to analyze hsi case, advise you of your options and, if possible, make sure that the necessary paperwork and documentation is properly presented so as not to delay the process.
There is much more information needed. You and your boyfriend would not be able to "fix his papers" until you married. You and your boyfriend would be best advised to schedule a consultation with an experienced immigration attorney to discuss the process.