What kind of attorney do I need if I was involved in a car accident? 11 Answers as of March 08, 2013

I was in an accident and the insurance company has found me at almost 100% fault. I don't agree with this and there are a lot of circumstances that have played a role, including that the other party lied to the insurance company. What kind of lawyer do I need to go against their decision?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Durham Jones & Pinegar | Erven Nelson
You need a good personal injury attorney who will sue the other person involved in the accident, plus sue your insurance company for bad faith.
Answer Applies to: Nevada
Replied: 3/8/2013
John Russo | John Russo
Personal injury attorney.
Answer Applies to: Rhode Island
Replied: 3/7/2013
Paul Whitfield and Associates P.A.
Paul Whitfield and Associates P.A. | Paul L. Whitfield
You will waste your time and money. If you are in North Carolina and if you are even 1 percent at fault, you lose. You cannot win. If they think you are at fault, chances are you are, at whole or in part, and in either case you get nothing. Let the 2 insurance companies deal with this matter. That is what they do best. The other party lied? Huh? Well that is just about what every defendant does when faced with his bad driving. He lies, so what is the big deal He wont change his lies just because you or your lawyer confront him. He will lie to the jury and the jury will likely be confused as they usually are.
Answer Applies to: North Carolina
Replied: 3/6/2013
Law Offices of Mark West
Law Offices of Mark West | Mark West
Whose insurance company found you almost 100% at fault, yours or the other person's? If you can prove with admissible evidence that you were not 100% at fault and it is your insurance company, you might have a claim of bad faith against your own insurance company and should be looking for an attorney who handles bad faith cases against insurance companies. However, your case generally has to be a bigger valued case in order to make it worth pursuing. If it is the other driver's insurance company, and you were injured, you should look for a personal injury attorney. If it is your insurance company and you were sued, they still have a duty to defend you except they might proceed under a reservation of rights and refuse to indemnify you if you are found by a judge or jury to be at fault. It really would take knowledge of much more information to give a full answer to your question.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 3/6/2013
Law Office of Malosack Berjis
Law Office of Malosack Berjis | Malosack Berjis
If you have auto insurance, your carrier will handle it for you (including defending you, in the event of a lawsuit).
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 3/6/2013
Click to View More Answers: