What jail time am I going to serve for my first DUI? How? 3 Answers as of August 26, 2015

Over a year ago I got arrested for possession of sub Oxone. I got 5 years’ probation. I am on disability because I have crushed discs in my neck and other problems. I am prescribed pain medication and a medicine called Somas. I have custody of my 6 year old grandchild. I had to bring my boyfriend to the hospital for some tests, so I got my daughter to stay at my house to get her daughter (my grandchild) on the bus. When I got home she was still sleeping on the way home I had taken my medication. I did not think I was going to have to leave the house again but I had to bring my grandchild to school. I dropped her off and I was fine when I left the school the next thing I knew was I was in jail. I found out after that I hit a mail box and they had done the breath test on me. They told me it was clean so they wanted to take my blood and said if I did not comply they would strap me down and take it that way. I have is my daughter and 2 year old grandson were in the car with me so as you know this is also a felony charge. Can you tell me if there is any hope for me, or at least how much jail time I’m looking at? This is my first DUI. I am so scared, my granddaughter needs me. I'm the only one in her life that has kept her stable and secure, I don't deserve it but she does so would you please let me know where you think I stand. Thank you.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Freeborn Law Offices, P.S.
Freeborn Law Offices, P.S. | Steve Freeborn
The charges against you are quite serious. I tell you this to encourage you to retain an attorney to help you. I do not have sufficient information to advise you, so I can only speak in generalities. The absolute minimum is one day in jail; however, you could do substantially more, depending upon how you are charged and what you are ultimately convicted of.
Answer Applies to: Washington
Replied: 8/26/2015
Musilli Brennan Associates PLLC
Musilli Brennan Associates PLLC | John F Brennan
Get an attorney, defend yourself and minimize your damages. It may be possible to get the charges at least reduced but cannot form a firm opinion with all of the details, including the bloodwork.
Answer Applies to: Michigan
Replied: 8/26/2015
Law Office of Edward J. Blum
Law Office of Edward J. Blum | Edward J. Blum
None. Hire a lawyer and fight it. Drug DUIs are hard for State to prove.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 8/25/2015
Click to View More Answers: