What jail time am I going to serve for my first DUI? How? 3 Answers as of August 26, 2015

Over a year ago I got arrested for possession of sub Oxone. I got 5 years’ probation. I am on disability because I have crushed discs in my neck and other problems. I am prescribed pain medication and a medicine called Somas. I have custody of my 6 year old grandchild. I had to bring my boyfriend to the hospital for some tests, so I got my daughter to stay at my house to get her daughter (my grandchild) on the bus. When I got home she was still sleeping on the way home I had taken my medication. I did not think I was going to have to leave the house again but I had to bring my grandchild to school. I dropped her off and I was fine when I left the school the next thing I knew was I was in jail. I found out after that I hit a mail box and they had done the breath test on me. They told me it was clean so they wanted to take my blood and said if I did not comply they would strap me down and take it that way. I have is my daughter and 2 year old grandson were in the car with me so as you know this is also a felony charge. Can you tell me if there is any hope for me, or at least how much jail time I’m looking at? This is my first DUI. I am so scared, my granddaughter needs me. I'm the only one in her life that has kept her stable and secure, I don't deserve it but she does so would you please let me know where you think I stand. Thank you.

The charges against you are quite serious. I tell you this to encourage you to retain an attorney to help you. I do not have sufficient information to advise you, so I can only speak in generalities. The absolute minimum is one day in jail; however, you could do substantially more, depending upon how you are charged and what you are ultimately convicted of.
Get an attorney, defend yourself and minimize your damages. It may be possible to get the charges at least reduced but cannot form a firm opinion with all of the details, including the bloodwork.
Law Office of Edward J. Blum
Law Office of Edward J. Blum | Edward J. Blum
None. Hire a lawyer and fight it. Drug DUIs are hard for State to prove.