What jail time am I going to serve for my first dui? 2 Answers as of April 14, 2011

Over a year ago I got arrested for possession of suboxone. I got 5 years probation. I am on disability because i have crushed discs in My neck and other problems. I am prescribed pain medication and a medicine called somas. I have custody of My 6 year old Grandchild. I had to bring My Boyfriend to the hospital for some tests, so I got My daughter to stay at My house to get Her Daughter(my Grandchild) on the bus. When I got home She was still sleeping on the way home i had taken My medication.I did not think I was going to have to leave the house again but I had to bring my Grandchild to school.I dropped her off and I was fine when I left the school the next thing I knew was I was in jail. I found out after that I hit a mail box and they had done the breath test on Me. They told Me it was clean so they wanted to take My blood and said if I did not comply they would strap Me down and take it that way. I have is My Daughter and 2 year old grandson were in the car with Me so as You know this is also a felony charge. Can you tell me if there is any hope for Me, or at least how much jail time I'm looking at? This is My first DUI. I am so scared, My granddaughter needs Me. I'm the only one in Her life That has kept Her stable and secure, I Don't deserve it but She does so would You please let Me know where You think I stand. Thank You.

Bloom Legal, LLC
Bloom Legal, LLC | Seth J. Bloom
In DWI cases, it is important to hire an experienced DWI defense attorney as soon as absolutely possible. The deadlines for filing a number of items approach extremely quickly after charges are accepted in Louisiana. As a general rule, First Offense DWI conviction carries the following penalties:
-Jail time of up to 6 months
-Fines of up to $1,000
-Driver's License Suspension for 90 Days

As you may be aware, if children under the age of 12 are passengers in the vehicle at the time of the offense then the law requires that the mandatory minimum sentencing guidelines be followed. It is for this reason that you advised to seek out competent legal defense as soon as possible to help fight these potentially very serious charges against you. If you are seeking legal defense in this matter in the state of Louisiana, we invite you to contact our firm at the information on this page for a free case evaluation to determine whether or not we would be able to assist you in this matter.
Law Office of Craig E. Gibbs
Law Office of Craig E. Gibbs | Craig Gibbs
You will not serve jail time unless they revoke your probation for the DUI.