What if my boyfriend stops reporting to his probation officer, what will happen to him? 4 Answers as of May 09, 2012

What if my boyfriend stops reporting to class that he suppose to be going to on probation? What will happen to him if he violates probation?

As a former prosecutor, and currently as a criminal defense lawyer, I can tell you that, generally, a violation of the terms and conditions of probation can lead to a petition to revoke probation. We recommend he consult with an attorney and comply with the terms.
VANJOHNSON LAW FIRM, LLC
VANJOHNSON LAW FIRM, LLC | Anthony Overton Van Johnson
Anytime an individual is sentenced to a period of probation, his/her probation may be revoked as a result of failure to comply with the terms and conditions of probation and/or the terms and conditions of the sentence. What this means is, the Court has the option of either (1) reinstating the probation under the same or modified terms, or (2) making the Defendant serve a portion or all of the remaining time in jail/prison. Additionally, the time remaining on probation "tolls" (stops running) at the time the probation department submits certain documentation alleging a violation of probation.
H. Scott Basham, Attorney at Law, P.C. | H. Scott Basham
If he does not fulfill the terms of his probation, his PO can seek to have his probation revoked. If the judge revokes it, he can, in a worst case scenario, order him to spend the rest of his probation term in confinement.
When he stops attending the required classes, or stops reporting to probation, then a petition for VOP will be prepared. What the judge will do at the VOP hearing is a function of his criminal record, his original crime, how long he has been on probation, and many other factors.