What if I don't file a response in time in our child custody case? 1 Answers as of July 07, 2011

I have had to wait to file my response, as I needed to wait for the therapist to let me know what she thought I should do for the best interest of my daughter. She stated my daughter is suffering from PTSD and should have no contact with her father. I was served papers on June 4 am I to late to file my response today and if so what do I do as he is trying to make her go to Texas for 40 days and she says she will throw herself on the ground in the airport to make it to where they won't let her on the plane. My husband and I have no money to hire an attorney he is the only one that works we live on such a tight budget there is no extra. I will be so very thankful for any help or advice I can get all I want to do is make sure my daughter is never abused again and is safe.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Vincent J. Bernabei LLC
Vincent J. Bernabei LLC | Vincent J. Bernabei
If the court has not already entered a default judgment against you, you should immediately file and serve your response. If a default judgment has already been entered, you should file a motion to set it aside, and/or a motion to modify the default judgment based upon the new evidence of PTSD. You must act quickly. The court clerk can tell you whether the default judgment has been entered.
Answer Applies to: Oregon
Replied: 7/7/2011
Click to View More Answers: