What if I cannot find a co-sponsor for my Adjustment of Status? 1 Answers as of July 13, 2011

I entered US with a student visa. Am still taking classes in college but I'm out of status because I did not take enough credits to be a full-time student. My husband (US citizen) wants to apply for me, to get my green card. In 2008, he filed only $19,000 taxes, in 2009 - $30,000, and 2010 - $5000. Do we still need a co-sponsor? What if we are unable to find a co-sponsor?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Oltarsh and Associates, PC
Oltarsh and Associates, PC | Jennifer Oltarsh
Dear Madam: Thank you for your email. You need to find a co-sponsor. Do not let this requirement stop you from getting your residence. I have been practicing for over 15 years. Our immigration law firm has been in the immigration field for more than 45 years. We have handled cases with experience, integrity, and good effect.
Answer Applies to: New York
Replied: 7/13/2011
Click to View More Answers: