What if any recourse do I have if his wife did not like us and I feel that she influenced or manipulated him to feel that we did not deserve anything? 1 Answers as of April 04, 2017

My father passed away a month ago, my sister and I were not informed that he passed away. He apparently also got married in the past 6 months. A will has not been filed in probate and I have not been notified as an heir to anything. About 7 years ago, he listed my sister and on a life insurance policy. He had me add my social security number to policy. My sister and I know he would have wanted to leave us something.

Minor, Bandonis and Haggerty, P.C.
Minor, Bandonis and Haggerty, P.C. | Brian Haggerty
This question is too complex for an answer here. You need to contact an estate litigation lawyer to investigate whether there is anything you can do. Commonly, married people hold their property jointly, with right of survivorship. The new wife may have inherited all by operation of law, and may not need to file probate.