What I found out is I may have to wait another 3 to 4 years before I can attempt to expunge it, can I do this? 10 Answers as of February 07, 2013

I have only one felony. I received it in 2011. I took a plea deal, did the requirements of my probation and paid my fines in full.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Michael Breczinski
Michael Breczinski | Michael Breczinski
In Michigan the wait is 5 years by statute before you can apply to have a conviction expunged.
Answer Applies to: Michigan
Replied: 2/7/2013
Hamblin Law Office | Sally Hamblin
You must wait for the statutory time counting from day off probation. Depending on state, could be five years.
Answer Applies to: Michigan
Replied: 2/6/2013
The Law Offices of Seth D. Schraier
The Law Offices of Seth D. Schraier | Seth D. Schraier
Unfortunately, in New York State there is no process to remove a felony conviction through expungement. If the final disposition in your case was for a felony, even if the sentence was probation, you will always have that conviction on your record. Until New York State changes the laws to allow expungement you will need to disclose to any inquiry that you were convicted of a crime.
Answer Applies to: New York
Replied: 2/6/2013
Cynthia Henley, Lawyer
Cynthia Henley, Lawyer | Cynthia Henley
You cannot expunge any case for which you received probation. If you got deferred and completed it, and it is an eligible felony, you must wait 5 years after you completed the probation to apply for nondisclosure.
Answer Applies to: Texas
Replied: 2/6/2013
Henry Lebensbaum | Henry Lebensbaum
Insufficient data. In this state you seal records.
Answer Applies to: Massachusetts
Replied: 2/6/2013
    The Rogers Law Firm
    The Rogers Law Firm | Andrea Storey Rogers
    If you had a felony conviction, then it can not be expunged unless it is one of three types of felonies that are eligible for expungement (1-passing a bad check, 2-fraudulently stopping payment on an instrument, or 3- fraudulent use of a debit or credit device), and the expungement can only take place if 20 years have passed since you completed your probation, imprisonment, or parole without having any other convictions for a misdemeanor or felony.
    Answer Applies to: Missouri
    Replied: 2/5/2013
    Law Office of Brendan M. Kelly
    Law Office of Brendan M. Kelly | Brendan M. Kelly
    Normally, it does take some time before they will grant a pardon, you can get a set aside now.
    Answer Applies to: Nebraska
    Replied: 2/5/2013
    Musilli Brennan Associates PLLC
    Musilli Brennan Associates PLLC | John F Brennan
    You're correct, you'll most probably have to wait another 3 to 4 years before you can attempt to have the conviction set-aside. It is also imperative that during that time you have absolutely no additional problems with the authorities.
    Answer Applies to: Michigan
    Replied: 2/5/2013
    Dennis P. Mikko Attorney at Law | Dennis P. Mikko
    At the earliest, you would be eligible to ask for expungement 5 years after the conviction.
    Answer Applies to: Michigan
    Replied: 2/5/2013
    Law office of Robert D. Scott | Robert Scott
    You amy not be able to qualify for getting a Felony conviction removed from your record.
    Answer Applies to: Maryland
    Replied: 2/5/2013
Click to View More Answers: