What happens with a re-determined Immigration bond? 1 Answers as of March 11, 2011

The law allows your bond to be re-determined within 48 hours after you post and are released from immigration custody. Lets say the judge lowers the bond by 50%. What should you do to recover the overpayment. Is it legal for ICE to continue to hold more than what the actual bond the judge set?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Pacifica Legal Services
Pacifica Legal Services | Floyd Fernandez
You may make a motion to release and substitute the new bond. When you have the order, go to the clerk's office and they will give you the form to return the bond funds from the reduction in bond fee imposed. If you need the assistance of an attorney, please feel free to call or e-mail.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 3/11/2011
Click to View More Answers: