What happens when you suspect someone of being an illegal immigrant? 1 Answers as of November 04, 2010

I am concerned that employees in a small restaurant in my town are not American citizens. I do not know if I have the right to ask them for proof of citizenship, but I do not want to report something I do not have solid evidence for. I am adamantly against illegal immigration and want to do something. What can I do?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Pacifica Legal Services
Pacifica Legal Services | Floyd Fernandez
Sir, you have picked the wrong person to ask. Unless these people have committed a REAL crime, like drug trafficking or armed robbery (not crossing the border to escape poverty), they should be left alone. They deserve amnesty, not deportation. If you want to do something about illegal immigration, how about pushing the Republicans to lock down the border? And for that matter, how about pushing our leaders to change the laws about LEGAL immigration to where law-abiding people with family can apply and come into the country as taxpaying residents without having to wait 7, 10, 15, sometimes 22 years! Your values are definitely misplaced!
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 11/4/2010
Click to View More Answers: