What happens when you get a failure to appear? 2 Answers as of May 23, 2011

I missed my court date because I was sick. I called to reschedule my court date and was told that I could not reschedule it and a warrant would be issued for my arrest for failure to appear. This is the only time that I've tried to reschedule a court date a have been told this. I was supposed to have a $300 fine paid by the court date and that was not paid. Now I'm wondering what is the sentence and/or fine for failing to appear.

Failure to appear is a contempt of court and is normally punishable by a fine or possible incarceration for up to five days.The Court, upon your failure to appear, can also revoke your bond and hold you in jail till your next court date.
It is contempt of court than can locally be purged by paying a $50 fee and getting on the "Add On" docket by appearing around 7am, as apparently, seats are limited. Tend to it before you get stopped for something else but potentially get held with no bail until you get before the judge for up to 72 hours. Stay well.