What happens when you are sentenced and get probation in two different counties? 2 Answers as of June 14, 2011

My boyfriend received a 28 month prison sentence in one county while on probation in another. In order to go to minimum security ranch, he had to have nothing outstanding in any other counties. He filed 1381's and 41500's. 90, 60, & 30 days prior to release from prison, they run checks for any holds, warrants, pendings, etc.., and let you go if nothing shows up. When he went to get his drivers license there were 2 FTA's and 1 FTP. The FTA's were what the 41500's were for and so far one was dismissed and the other he was fined 1200.00 plus all the extras 14601.1(a)). He has to appear in July for the 1381. Napa County said they dismissed a FTA for the probation violation and now are going to have him start the probation and prop 36 again. Why didn't they bring him to court within the 90 days required by the 1381? Is there any way to make this go away?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Lowenstein Law Office
Lowenstein Law Office | Anthony Lowenstein
It gets complicated, and is best to have probation in one county transferred to the other. For more information, please see my website or call me for a legal consultation.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 6/14/2011
Nelson & Lawless
Nelson & Lawless | Terry Nelson
Go away? Sure, by appearing in the charging court, filing whatever appropriate motions you may have grounds for, or by plea bargaining with the DA, or by going to trial on any charges. There is no magic wand here. If serious about hiring counsel to help you in this, and if this is in SoCal courts, feel free to contact me. I'll be happy to help use whatever defenses there may be.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 6/10/2011
Click to View More Answers: