What happens when you are being expedited from one state to another after ten years? 2 Answers as of June 18, 2014

I have two misdemeanors ten years ago. They are taking me back when I’m done in another county jail. What do they do? Will they give me bail if I forgot to go back to court for sentencing?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Pelger Law
Pelger Law | William R. Pelger
If these were cases you just did not show up for, bail will be set, but could be high. If they were probation violations, you could be detained by the judge with no bond set.
Answer Applies to: Pennsylvania
Replied: 6/18/2014
Law Office of Richard Southard
Law Office of Richard Southard | Richard C Southard
People generally do not "forget" sentencing. If you had returned voluntarily you may have been released. They are paying thousands of dollars to transport you between states plus pulling police from their patrols and their families to come get you. Do not expect leniency of any kind. Also you may be charged with felony bail jumping depending even if no bail was set if they indicted you before the statute of limitations expired.
Answer Applies to: New York
Replied: 6/18/2014
Click to View More Answers: