What happens when a reckless driving charge is reduced to a DUI citation? How? 7 Answers as of August 27, 2015

I am 22 years old. I recently got pulled over and the sheriff issued me a careless driving citation and under comments he wrote: "Reckless Driving When Reduced from DUI". Underneath that he also wrote "Mait Ln, Follow to close, speed under min, Improp Stop". He did not ask me to take any type of sobriety test or arrest me. All he asked was for me to get picked up and have someone drive me car home. I would like to know more or less what type of charges will I be penalized for? Will this go on my record or will I get points on my license and will this affect my future career in law enforcement? Before this the only ticket I've ever received was one for "not using the appropriate lane". Please help, I am really worried that my poor choice of actions will affect my future.

What poor choice of actions? You gave us shit for details on what you did. Your facts include: I got pulled over. Were you drinking? Do you think we should know that? Did you piss on yourself during the stop? You gave us nothing and what detailed explanations? How?
Well the first I'll consequence is that you are likely to incur some legal fees. Since it is not at wall clear from your enquiry whether you are being charged with anything, let alone OWI or reckless driving, only a lawyer who has ferreted out from you ALL the facts can advise you. BTW, if a charge is reduced in a case like this, it would more likely be a reduction FROM reckless to OWI.
It doesn't matter what the cop wrote down. The prosecutor is ultimately the one who decides what charge(s), if any, to file against you. Nevertheless, you need to hire a DUI specialist, and do it soon because you have only 10 days to save your license.
You got a break. A reckless driving charge is far better than a DUI charge. The penalties are not nearly as severe. A DUI carries with it mandatory minimum penalties, including jail time. Not so with reckless driving. However, I would still recommend that you retain an attorney to help you.
Anderson Law Office
Anderson Law Office | Scott L. Anderson
This is very unusual. Please contact an attorney in your area asap and ask questions. The attorney will need to see the ticket and ask you about what happened. Best of luck.
    Ty Wilson Law | Ty Wilson
    You should speak with a Georgia DUI attorney, sounds as if they have the possibility of charging you with DUI even if you did not do field sobriety tests, contact an attorney today so you can be ready if they do charge you with DUI. Good luck.
    I would consult with an attorney but this could be a very favorable result under the circumstances. Seek counsel.