What happens when a reckless driving charge is reduced to a DUI citation? 1 Answers as of April 11, 2011

I am 22 years old. I recently got pulled over and the sheriff issued me a careless driving citation and under comments he wrote: "Reckless Driving When Reduced from DUI". Underneath that he also wrote "Mait Ln, Follow to close, speed under min, Improp Stop". He did not ask me to take any type of sobriety test or arrest me. All he asked was for me to get picked up and have someone drive me car home. I would like to know more or less what type of charges will I be penalized for. Will this go on my record or will I get points on my license and will this affect my future career in law enforcement? Before this the only ticket I've ever received was one for "not using the appropriate lane". Please help, I am really worried that my poor choice of actions will affect my future.

Bruce H. Lehr, P.A.
Bruce H. Lehr, P.A. | Bruce H. Lehr
DUI is a more serious charge than reckless driving.