What happens to property aquired during marriage? 1 Answers as of June 08, 2011

Can my spouse take anything he wants because he says he bought it during our marriage? My husband drained our bank account, changed his address, and has been working on a room in his moms basement to live in. He has moved out and is now wanting to take possession of things that were bought in our marriage. I am not allowing this and he is making threats. I have given him all of his personal items clothes, etc. also his tools and generators etc. I think we should split the rest and or sell it. He left me with a lot of bills and no money to pay them. What can I do?

Arnold & Wadsworth
Arnold & Wadsworth | Brian Arnold
If it is marital property you are both entitled to an equitable distribution. You need to get temporary orders after you file for a divorce decree giving you possession of that. We are a Utah Divorce Law Firm. We offer a free consultation. Feel free to give us a call.