What happens to my license now that I got a DWI in another state? 8 Answers as of June 19, 2015

What happens to my license now that I got a DWI in another state?

Walpole Law | Robert J. Walpole
First, once suspended for DWI in any state will cause your license to be suspended everywhere. You will eventually have to complete whatever requirements that the state where the DWI occurred requires for re-instatement of a driver's license. Your state may have additional requirements for re-instatement. Good luck.
Arrest or conviction? Conviction means your license will be suspended in your home state.
IT WILL BE SUSPENDED.
Depends if California finds out. If they do, California will impose the same penalties on your license as the other state would.
You will probably hear from the Division of Motor Vehicles, either telling you that you are suspended for an equal period in this state, or inviting you to a hearing on whether or not they should impose the suspension. Or they could no action, especially if it is a First Offense OWI. Good Luck. (BTW, drink if you want, but don't drive for many hours afterward)