What happens to a minor when he was caught burglarizing a house? 2 Answers as of March 03, 2011

I want to know will he be locked up till he's an adult for burglarizing and being caught with a handgun. He's never done anything like this before and I don't know if that even matters or not to this or not because it is really serious. And what kind of sentence will they give him.

You did not give his age, or whether or not the evidence appears strong. In any event, you need to consult with a local attorney concerning his rights and options. It is possible that he could be sent to a youth development center, but it is impossible to predict based upon the information given. Good luck!
I don't know what you mean by minor. In GA, your son is an adultwhen he reaches the age of 17. If your son is under 17, his case will be handled in juvenile court. If your son is in juvenile court and he takes responsibility for his actions (no BS stories about how he found the gun on his way back from Cold StoneCreamery), I suspect he will get probation. If he is in adult court, it will depend on his attorney, the jurisdiction (Which county he is in), the prosecutor and the judge, in that order. So, if he is an adult, you need to contact an attorney.Feel free to phone my office.