What happens to me if I am being sued for the accident? 3 Answers as of June 29, 2016

I rented a rental car. A person took the rent a car without my permission. I know one of the people. I don't know the other one who was in the car and crashed it there looking at me as if I know I don't know what I'm facing. I can't get any answers. I made a police report that insurance companies are not being very helpful. I have insurance.

If you have insurance, just turn it over to that company.
Frank Law Group, P.C.
Frank Law Group, P.C. | David E. Frank
Immediately send the papers you are served with to your insurance broker and insurance company, with a letter from you asking that they defend you from the claims being made. If they don't agree to defend you within ten (10) days after you send them the papers, you will need to hire an attorney to help you.
Report to the police that the car was stolen. Check your insurance policy; most provide coverage as to rental vehicles used for pleasure [not for business purposes]. Unless you signed up for the insurance offered by the rental company, you will have to pay the deductible. You can sue the person who took the car and the one driving for the money you have to pay, but you may not be able to collect from them if they have no assets. You do not tell us how the insurance companies are not being helpful, so i can not address that issue. They will want to know where you put the car keys to see if you were negligent in allowing the car to be taken.