What happens to a home that was built and in my husbands name in our divorce? Posted on July 02, 2011

I lived with my now husband for 1 year. We then built a home but it was only in his name because I had bad credit. However, we built it together. My income was deposited into our joint bank account to pay for it. 6 months later we were married. We built an addition onto this home so that I could have my own business. He now wants a divorce and won’t allow me to continue my business in the home. The utilities are also in his name and say if I try and continue my business he will turn off the utilities so I cant continue. So, I now have no income and he is making it unbearable to live in the house. Again, my income was deposited into our joint account in order to pay the bills together. We also furnished the house together before getting married. No kids together, I have four.